Feeling adventurous? This strawberry avocado salad will give your taste buds a run for their money
3 cups fresh organic strawberries, sliced
1 small avocado, diced
1 large or 2 small lemons, squeezed + pinch of fresh lemon zest
1/8 tsp fresh raw ginger, grated with a microplane
splash of grade B maple syrup (optional)
1 Tbsp fresh peppermint, finely chopped + a few leaves as garnish
2-3 Tbsp raw organic hemp seeds (optional)
Eat Clean! This salmon spinach salad is just the right meal to fuel you through the day :)
3 tablespoons onion chopped
handful of cherry tomatoes
10 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
Top 10 super cheap super foods from Blogilates!
Sopa de Poro y Papa (Potato and Leek Soup)
This creamy, rich soup is a favorite in Mexico City.
Get the recipe: http://bit.ly/X9GaE9
Photo: James Oseland
Guiltless Breakfast: Protein-Packed Pancakes from here.
1 scoop whey protein (I used vanilla flavor)
1 cup raw oats
3 egg whites
1 ¼ cup water
2 drops vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp baking powder
2 packets sweetener
Calories: around 140 per serving (serves 4)
Mix all ingredients into a blender for about 30 seconds until smooth. Pour batter into a non-stick skillet and cook till golden brown on both sides.
Dragon Fruit Smoothie!
1 tbsp Chia seeds
1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries
1.5 cups low fat milk/rice/almond/soy
Honey to taste
Blueberries covered in honey greek yogurt and frozen. Great healthy snack to have around when craving sweets.
Recipe Link: fluffimama.blogspot.com
Click here for more healthy recipes!
How To Cook Steel-Cut Oats for Breakfast the Night Before
I call for 1 cup oats here. This will make enough for 3 to 5 servings. Remember, when you make steel-cut oats you really should make enough for a whole week, or at least several days. Unlike gluey, sticky rolled oat oatmeal, steel-cut oatmeal is great when reheated the next day. It just gets creamier — not ickier.
What You Need
1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
1 cup steel-cut oats
3 cups water
3-fingered pinch salt
1 cup milk (optional)
1. Start this the night before you want to have steel-cut oatmeal. Measure out your oats. This quantity will make about 4 servings.
2. Heat about 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan set over medium heat. Add the oats and fry them for about 3 minutes, or until they start smelling toasty.
3. Pour in the water and add the salt. Stir.
4. Bring to a rolling boil.
5. Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Leave it on the stove, and go to bed!
6. The next morning, uncover the pan and bring the oatmeal back up to a simmer. If you would like thinner and creamier oatmeal, stir in a cup of milk before reheating.
When the oatmeal is warm, scoop out and enjoy!
Put the UMPH in your weekend with this Blueberry Spinach Superfood Smoothie. Your body will thank you ;)
4 ice cubes
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup apple juice or water
1 cup fresh spinach
Need a pick me up? Feel (and look) your best with a Kiwi-Avocado Sublime Smoothie from ellie.com
1/2 perfectly ripe large avocado
2 kiwi- peeled
1/8 cup lime juice
1/8 or 1/4 cup Almond milk/soy milk/coconut milk
1 or 2 teaspoons honey
2 or 3 ice cubes
#ThirstyThursday. Make your day a little sweeter with this Strawberry Delight Smoothie ;)
1 medium-size or large, ripe banana
1 heaped cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1 cup milk or soymilk
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
No Bake Peppermint Patty Bars
yield: 12 small bars
- 1 cup packed, pitted Medjool dates (approx 12)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unflavoured protein powder (I use Garden of Life Raw)
- 1/4 tsp fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract, or to taste
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tbsp raw millet (optional)
- 4 tbsp mini dark chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life) or chopped chocolate
- 1-2 tbsp large flake unsweetened coconut, for garnish
You’re welcome. Nom, nom, nom.