Feeling adventurous? This strawberry avocado salad will give your taste buds a run for their money
3 cups fresh organic strawberries, sliced
1 small avocado, diced
1 large or 2 small lemons, squeezed + pinch of fresh lemon zest
1/8 tsp fresh raw ginger, grated with a microplane
splash of grade B maple syrup (optional)
1 Tbsp fresh peppermint, finely chopped + a few leaves as garnish
2-3 Tbsp raw organic hemp seeds (optional)
If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don’t.
Did you read that right? Healthy cookies? Yes, it’s possible. If you’re looking for a healthy way to enjoy your favorites, you’ve found it. These three cookie recipes will leave you feeling guilt-less and on the way to the body you want.
The Lazy Guy Cookies (No bake)
Easy to make and absolutely delicious, this cookies are perfect for on-the-go or to be enjoyed in the comfort of your bachelor pad.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter/light peanut butter/almond butter
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup chocolate protein powder
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Roll up to 24 balls, each 1tbsp big.
- Flatten each one so it takes on the shape of a traditional cookie.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
The Overachiever Cookies
Although these cookies may be a little more of a commitment, they are packed with protein and flavor. These cookies are guaranteed to help you cut down on cravings.
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 scoops chocolate protein powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Drop dough onto cookie sheets approximately 6-8 per sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes
The OG Cookies
The cookies are a healthy take on the classic chocolate chip cookies. Believe it or not, it’s possible. Did we just catch you drooling?
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour ( or Coconut flour)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend banana, vanilla, and egg white.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients
- Mix in dark chocolate chips last.
- Place on cookie sheet in one-inch balls.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes.
via Dromo and Running Wild Blog
Eat Clean! This salmon spinach salad is just the right meal to fuel you through the day :)
3 tablespoons onion chopped
handful of cherry tomatoes
10 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
I’m on a real boiled egg kick recently.. my favorite is the 4 minute boiled egg which is aaalllmost soft-boiled but has an amazing thick texture! Yum
Simple healthy food substitutions!
Sopa de Poro y Papa (Potato and Leek Soup)
This creamy, rich soup is a favorite in Mexico City.
Get the recipe: http://bit.ly/X9GaE9
Photo: James Oseland
parsley and garlic chicken: recipe here