Salad ideas from here!
How I Grocery Shop
This is my master grocery list, which means that I always have these in my pantry/fridge. I have this list saved in my phone as a note, so that when I’m in the grocery store I run through it to check if I have it all at home.
I usually buy my berries & seasonal produce at local farmer’s markets, they’re always fresher & sometimes cheaper. Also, I don’t really eat bread/grains/cereal unless it’s really good or I have no other option… I just don’t like it!
What I buy all depends on season too. See seasonal chart here.
- Always go with a list!
- Shop the perimeter! This typically contains the produce, dairy, meat, deli, and frozen section.
- Inside the “perimeter” you are more likely to stray: the candy aisle, the juice/drinks aisle, and the snacks aisle are all bad places to buy the majority of your groceries
- Look for what is on sale & stock up if it’s non-perishable
- When choosing packaged produce, look at the “Use by” date and choose the longest.
- Check all fruits & veggies for bruises, scratches, & mold. Yuck!
- Buy frozen petite peas, berries (for smoothies or baking), and bell peppers. They’re always cheaper & there isn’t much difference.
- Try to not over-buy, know how long each fruit/veggie will last & don’t waste it!
- Because produce goes off so quickly I go grocery shopping 2+ times a week. This is usually what it takes to maintain a healthy lifestyle!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!