Dragon Fruit Smoothie!
1 tbsp Chia seeds
1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries
1.5 cups low fat milk/rice/almond/soy
Honey to taste
Blueberries covered in honey greek yogurt and frozen. Great healthy snack to have around when craving sweets.
Recipe Link: fluffimama.blogspot.com
Put the UMPH in your weekend with this Blueberry Spinach Superfood Smoothie. Your body will thank you ;)
4 ice cubes
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup apple juice or water
1 cup fresh spinach
Need a pick me up? Feel (and look) your best with a Kiwi-Avocado Sublime Smoothie from ellie.com
1/2 perfectly ripe large avocado
2 kiwi- peeled
1/8 cup lime juice
1/8 or 1/4 cup Almond milk/soy milk/coconut milk
1 or 2 teaspoons honey
2 or 3 ice cubes
#ThirstyThursday. Make your day a little sweeter with this Strawberry Delight Smoothie ;)
1 medium-size or large, ripe banana
1 heaped cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1 cup milk or soymilk
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
6 Fruits You Should Try
- Dragon FruitThis fruit is an excellent supplement for the liver as well as contains vital minerals that assist in weight-loss and balancing body weight without compromising health. For people suffering from diabetes, a dry or fresh dragon fruit guarantees blood glucose control.
- Star FruitThis fruit is an excellent source of ascorbic acid, which is important to the fitness of your body, as it assists in maintaining bones, teeth, mucus membranes, skin and improves the immune system. It also contains beta-carotene, which can be converted into vitamin A in your body for good vision and appetite.
- KiwanoThis fruit is very rich in vitamin c and fibre. These help the red bloods cells, skin, muscles, nerves and heart. Vitamin E works in the body by helping to neutralize the damage from free radicals which can cause cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- MangosteenThis fruit has a very high concentration of xanthones that is one of the most powerful anti-oxidents in the world. The fruit also boosts the body’s immune systems and helps increase energy levels.
- Sugar Apple
This fruit helps regulate the menstrual cycle, and contains a large amount of rosemary oil which can help fight off depression. This fruit also contains cineole which aids the body’s nervous system, helps in blood circulation, and improves concentration. This fruit as well aids in reducing the severity of asthma.
- Goji BerryGoji berries are called the world’s most nutritional powerful anti-aging food. Goji berries are the highest rated antioxidant and have more vitamin C than oranges, more beta-carotene than carrots, more protein than whole wheat and more iron than steak.
Zucchini Chips - zero fat, healthy and hardly any calories…RECIPE
10 Chocolate Chip Cookies (64 calories. THE ENTIRE BATCH)
Serving size: 1 recipe (10 cookies)
Fat: 2.5 grams
2 Tablespoon coconut flour
2 Tablespoon mashed banana or applesauce
1/8 teaspoon molasses
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
stevia or other sweetener, to taste (I used one packet of stevia)
3 Tablespoon almond milk, or milk of choice
chocolate chips (I used about 1/2 Tablespoon)
In a small bowl, mix coconut flour and salt. Add in mashed banana or applesauce, molasses, and vanilla extract and stir. Add in almond milk, one tablespoon at a time until fully incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by tablespoon or teaspoon, depending on how big you want them, on a greased microwave safe plate and flatten into cookie shapes/ Microwave for 45 seconds to a minute, watching them carefully, looking and smelling for done-ness. Let cool for a minute or two to allow the cookies to firm up before inhaling them all.