ULTIMATE WORK OUTS FOR YOUR BUTT
Barbell/dumbbell exercises - These are what you need to do with heavy weight if you want to make your butt BIGGER. Everything else will help make your butt rounder and firmer, but will not add significant size.
- romanian deadlifts
- squats (really deep, feet wide and pointed out, knees pointed out too)
- bulgarian split squats
- barbell glute bridges/hip thrusts
- high step ups
Cardio/plyometrics - This stuff is great for shaping your butt while challenging your heart at the same time.
- hill sprints
- squat jumps
- dynamic step ups
- lunge jumps
- box jumps
- plyo step ups
- lateral box jumps
- lateral box shuffles
- lateral bounding
- Brazil Butt Lift - the “bum bum” workout
- kneeling jump squats - these are on my “to try” list for when I’m stronger
Bodyweight exercises - I do these when I don’t have access to a gym. You can make these more challenging by holding heavy stuff like gallon jugs full of water.
- glute bridges (try single leg)
- hip thrusts (try single leg)
- pistol squats (there are hard!)
- single leg deadlifts
- glute ham raises (you’ll need something or someone to hold your feet)
- lunges (reverse, walking, etc.)
- bulgarian split squat
- high step ups
- seated band abduction
- stability ball back extensions
- monster & sumo walks
- butt blaster (hip extension) machine
- hip abduction machine - lean forward with butt lifted to target upper & outer glutes, see 4:25 on this videoFirst part from physicalphoenixWorkout links:
Printable workout by Blogilates!
I hope everybody knows what a lunge & squat is :P
FOR A FABULOUS ASS
Firm your tush and sculpt your abs!
1. Leg Lifters, 10 Reps each side
2. One Leg Supermans, 15 Reps each side
3. Doggy Leg Lifts, 15 Reps each side
4. One Leg Around The Worlds, 15 Reps each side
High Intensity Interval Training in the comfort of your home! Do the entire thing twice through, with a two-minute rest between sets, and push yourself hard during the non-marching sections.
Super short circuit workout focusing on legs and cardio! Burn calories quick!
Don’t feel like going to the gym or leaving the house? Do this workout. I did it yesterday and I am pleasantly sore today.
I do this all the time with weights. I want an average-sized butt :(
Get Your Best Legs
First know that you can’t reduce fat in just one place. Your body takes a little bit of fat from everywhere, more or less in some places due to your genetics. Doing a ton of leg exercises isn’t necessarily going to make all that fat disappear, at least not by itself. We do these exercises to shape and tone the muscles so your legs have a great shape. If you aren’t eating healthy and doing cardio those sexy muscles are going to be hidden no matter how many squats you do. Gaining muscle helps, it increases the metabolism thus burning more calories, but you have to work the rest of your body and have a clean diet too.
Try to do one video or pick five exercises and do 3 sets of 8-12 reps (or until you feel the burn) about 3-4 days a week. Do cardio 3-5 days a week too, it can be running, biking, swimming, Zumba, kickboxing, whatever gets your heart pounding and sweat dripping. You can combine strength workouts and cardio into the same day if you want. Make sure to eat protein after your workouts, it helps build muscle!
These are, in my opinion, the best thigh and leg exercises and videos. I’ve included links to instructions for most of the exercises and a variety that you can do at home or at the gym. If you workout at home try to get some 8-10 lbs dumbbells, or get a backpack/duffel bag and fill it with heavy books to challenge yourself.
If you have access to a gym try these machines & equipment:
- the leg/hamstring curl machine
- the leg press machine
- the leg abductor/adductor machines
- squats with a barbell and/or dumbbells
- barbell deadlifts
- lunges with dumbbells
- bulgarian split squat
If you don’t have access to a gym try these exercises at home:
- wall squats
- jump squats
- bridge/hip lifts (try them with your feet on a chair/bed)
- hip lifts on a balance ball (you’ll get an almost instant burn!)
- leg lifts
- inner thigh lifts
- the fire hydrant
- sumo squats
These are my favorite leg videos:
haaa this is weird, it’s my pic. anyways here are some great leg workouts!
We all want a nice butt to make our skinny jeans look good. Try out this butt workout to tighten, tone and lift your butt!
20 Plie Squats
20 Donkey Kicks per side
20 Fire Hydrants per side
20 Circling Donkey Kick per side
30 Alternating Split Jumps
30 Alternating Sliders
30 Hips Lifts
20 Lunges Kicks per side
Do this 3x through for an awesome butt workout! I know your buns will be burning by the end of this