Feeling adventurous? This strawberry avocado salad will give your taste buds a run for their money
3 cups fresh organic strawberries, sliced
1 small avocado, diced
1 large or 2 small lemons, squeezed + pinch of fresh lemon zest
1/8 tsp fresh raw ginger, grated with a microplane
splash of grade B maple syrup (optional)
1 Tbsp fresh peppermint, finely chopped + a few leaves as garnish
2-3 Tbsp raw organic hemp seeds (optional)
If it came from a plant, eat it; if it was made in a plant, don’t.
Did you read that right? Healthy cookies? Yes, it’s possible. If you’re looking for a healthy way to enjoy your favorites, you’ve found it. These three cookie recipes will leave you feeling guilt-less and on the way to the body you want.
The Lazy Guy Cookies (No bake)
Easy to make and absolutely delicious, this cookies are perfect for on-the-go or to be enjoyed in the comfort of your bachelor pad.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter/light peanut butter/almond butter
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup chocolate protein powder
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Roll up to 24 balls, each 1tbsp big.
- Flatten each one so it takes on the shape of a traditional cookie.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
The Overachiever Cookies
Although these cookies may be a little more of a commitment, they are packed with protein and flavor. These cookies are guaranteed to help you cut down on cravings.
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 scoops chocolate protein powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Drop dough onto cookie sheets approximately 6-8 per sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes
The OG Cookies
The cookies are a healthy take on the classic chocolate chip cookies. Believe it or not, it’s possible. Did we just catch you drooling?
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour ( or Coconut flour)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend banana, vanilla, and egg white.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients
- Mix in dark chocolate chips last.
- Place on cookie sheet in one-inch balls.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes.
via Dromo and Running Wild Blog
Eat Clean! This salmon spinach salad is just the right meal to fuel you through the day :)
3 tablespoons onion chopped
handful of cherry tomatoes
10 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
I’m on a real boiled egg kick recently.. my favorite is the 4 minute boiled egg which is aaalllmost soft-boiled but has an amazing thick texture! Yum
Simple healthy food substitutions!
Plum salad with raspberry dressing and pecans.
Lunch: 2 slices dark whole wheat bread with philadelphia, mixed arugula salad, sliced smoked salmon seasoned with fresh lemon juice, black pepper and a little bit sea salt.
LOW CARB PIZZA CRUST
- 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- olive oil (optional)
- pizza sauce, shredded cheese and choice of your toppings*
To “rice” the Cauliflower: Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don’t have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes. There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself. One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To Make the Pizza Crust:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9″ round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).
*Note: Toppings need to be precooked since you are only broiling for a few minutes.
Mmm yum so natural!
Top 10 super cheap super foods from Blogilates!