Guiltless Breakfast: Protein-Packed Pancakes from here.
1 scoop whey protein (I used vanilla flavor)
1 cup raw oats
3 egg whites
1 ¼ cup water
2 drops vanilla extract
1 ½ tsp baking powder
2 packets sweetener
Calories: around 140 per serving (serves 4)
Mix all ingredients into a blender for about 30 seconds until smooth. Pour batter into a non-stick skillet and cook till golden brown on both sides.
Dragon Fruit Smoothie!
1 tbsp Chia seeds
1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries
1.5 cups low fat milk/rice/almond/soy
Honey to taste
How To Cook Steel-Cut Oats for Breakfast the Night Before
I call for 1 cup oats here. This will make enough for 3 to 5 servings. Remember, when you make steel-cut oats you really should make enough for a whole week, or at least several days. Unlike gluey, sticky rolled oat oatmeal, steel-cut oatmeal is great when reheated the next day. It just gets creamier — not ickier.
What You Need
1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
1 cup steel-cut oats
3 cups water
3-fingered pinch salt
1 cup milk (optional)
1. Start this the night before you want to have steel-cut oatmeal. Measure out your oats. This quantity will make about 4 servings.
2. Heat about 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil in a 2-quart saucepan set over medium heat. Add the oats and fry them for about 3 minutes, or until they start smelling toasty.
3. Pour in the water and add the salt. Stir.
4. Bring to a rolling boil.
5. Turn off the heat and cover the pan. Leave it on the stove, and go to bed!
6. The next morning, uncover the pan and bring the oatmeal back up to a simmer. If you would like thinner and creamier oatmeal, stir in a cup of milk before reheating.
When the oatmeal is warm, scoop out and enjoy!
Put the UMPH in your weekend with this Blueberry Spinach Superfood Smoothie. Your body will thank you ;)
4 ice cubes
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/4 cup apple juice or water
1 cup fresh spinach
Definitely a new favourite. Oatmeal cooked with a grated apple, cinnamon and vanilla, with blackberries and blueberries and a teeeeny sprinkle of brown sugar, baked until the fruit turned soft. And an apple and frozen berry smoothie.
Need a pick me up? Feel (and look) your best with a Kiwi-Avocado Sublime Smoothie from ellie.com
1/2 perfectly ripe large avocado
2 kiwi- peeled
1/8 cup lime juice
1/8 or 1/4 cup Almond milk/soy milk/coconut milk
1 or 2 teaspoons honey
2 or 3 ice cubes
Something simple looks so amazing! Healthy food is the best!
Someone please come make me this!
breakfast: toasted garlic herbed pita with parmesan asaigo cheddar eggs topped with roasted tomatoes, fresh greens, and avocado with a greek yogurt and berry bowl on the side.
we survived the storm and to celebrate we ate delicious breakfast! :)
That looks amazing!