I LOVE ASPARAGUS
Roasted Asparagus and Poached Egg
Try this simple recipe for breakfast, brunch, or lunch!
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Rinse and trim the woody ends from fresh asparagus (when purchasing the asparagus, choose spears that have not dried out at the cut end).
- Cover a baking sheet with foil, spread the asparagus out and sprinkle with 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap the seasoned asparagus in bundles of 3 or 4 in your choice of salame, prosciutto, ham or even bacon.
- Roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water in a saucepan to almost a boil (bubbles should not rise, but just sit at the bottom).
- Crack an egg carefully into a small cup, then place the cup near the surface of the hot water, then gently drop the egg into the water. With a spoon, nudge the egg whites closer to the yolks. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Turn off the heat and cover. Let sit for 4 minutes, until the egg whites are cooked.
- Lift eggs out of the pan with a slotted spoon onto paper towels to dry.
- Plate and enjoy!
GRILLED ASPARAGUS POACHED EGG.