- 291113 likes this
- yawnee likes this
- appendage likes this
- amberbrock likes this
- chaoticdistortion likes this
- reallyclimb likes this
- lifetimechange likes this
- advocate-health likes this
- ravenousredhead likes this
- left-me-salty likes this
- skinnysmoothie likes this
- hiigherstateofconsciousness likes this
- sweatsalty posted this
Anonymous asked: Hey I'm a really picky water and I don't like vegetables...what's something I could maybe eat/drink to replace them and still get the servings I need?
Honestly just man up and eat them. Your parents were right when they forced you to eat veggies as a kid (and if they didn’t, I honestly think they’re bad parents). Find a way to eat them that doesn’t involve smothering in butter or cheese.
There’s no such thing as a vegetable replacement. But I have these suggestions:
- Make smoothies with frozen or fresh fruit, yogurt, spinach, carrots, or beets.
- Learn to cook well.
- Roast broccoli, zucchini, bell peppers with a little olive oil, salt and pepper for 20-30 mins at 375F
- Make this recipe and follow all the directions (including buying haricots verts not green beans). It’s my absolute favorite veggie recipe!
- Add cooked, finely chopped veggies (carrots, onion, celery) to ground beef or other meat. It’s called mirepoix, you can google it.
- Buy sweet, petite frozen peas and follow cooking instructions on the bag then eat them with a sliver of butter and a little salt.
- Browse this and look for recipes at foodgawker.com foodnetwork.com or cookinglight.com
- Cook zucchini, peas, or broccoli with a little bit of chopped bacon in a pan
And remember stuff like ensure or V8 ARE NOT REPLACEMENTS FOR VEGETABLES. They’re just a better alternative to juice. Find a way to cook them so that you’ll like them and just fucking eat your vegetables!!