Eat Clean! This salmon spinach salad is just the right meal to fuel you through the day :)
3 tablespoons onion chopped
handful of cherry tomatoes
10 cups baby spinach
1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
Anonymous asked: I used to run 3 miles a day and do Amanda Russell's abs of steel workout every other day, till it all started getting very effortless and I was beginning to have abs. However, I went on holiday and "fell off the wagon", and now everything seems so much harder. Will it take even longer to get back into shape now?
Nope - it should be easier! But it will probably be just as uncomfortable. Just because you stopped doesn’t mean you should keep slacking off! Get active again!
Cute workout clothes
I’m on a real boiled egg kick recently.. my favorite is the 4 minute boiled egg which is aaalllmost soft-boiled but has an amazing thick texture! Yum
Recent progress… I’m using workout clothing to help motivate myself!
I was recently asked this question, so here are my tips:
- First and foremost I think the most important thing is to learn to grocery shop. This may seem silly, but it’s very important. I have a lot of grocery lists tagged here. I generally shop the outside rim of the store (produce, dairy, frozen, meats) and stay away from the processed dry and sugary foods.
- Learning to properly shop for yourself sets the stage for meal prep (the second most important thing!). Meal prep is really important for a busy schedule: if I don’t have meals prepared, I’ll end up buying bad food.
- Finding recipes and discovering new foods is also an absolute must! There’s some great recipes here.
Examples of meal prep:
- You can cook steel cut oats on Sunday and eat it safely for breakfast for the next 1.5 weeks. Read this about breakfast!
- You can prep sandwiches or salads or pastas the night before to bring to class.
- You can cut up apples (squeeze w a little lemon juice so they don’t turn brown) the night before for snacks, too.
- Prepare small bags of almonds and dark chocolate chips ready to throw in your purse.
- It totally depends what you like to eat, but for me, my very quick go-to meal is a bowl of pasta. When I cook pasta, it ends up being 40% pasta, 50% veggies and 10% sauce. Cook the pasta, add in frozen veggies (usually petite peas, or spinach, or zucchini), add some sauce (sometimes tomato-based or just EVOO). Then season with kosher salt and pepper. This reheats really well if you invest in some good tupperware (I like this).I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.
Simple healthy food substitutions!
Best Dance Workout DVDs!
- Dance Off the Inches: Cardio Hip Hop
- 10 Minute Solution: Hip Hop Dance Mix
- HIP HOP ABS Package - Fat Burning Cardio, Ab Sculpt, Total Body Burn, Secrets to Flat AbsBallroom:Latin:
- Crunch: Latin Rhythms
- Dance Fitness for Beginners with MaDonna Grimes: African Beat - Latin Heat
- Zumba Fitness
- Brazilian Dance Workout with Vanessa IsaacMisc:
Any more suggestions? Send them here
I’m not sure where this saying came from, but don’t let the hard parts in life take away from your happiness. ^^